Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Finally Some Pictures I hope!

I am currently on my homestay in Chennai, India and my host family has so kindly let us stay up and use their computer for the free internet. So far India has been amazing, it is so different from anything I have ever been exposed to or seen before and I am LOVING it! The food is amazing, the sights are beautiful, my host family is so great and I just love everything! I need more time! Check out the pictures from Cape Town! They're not in order but I'm positive you can figure it out!
Also-- if you didn't receive my email, something is wrong with my Allegheny email address so please send all mail to kleebowman@hotmail.com from now on...
Thank you!

Love, Klee



In front of Nelson Mandela's Cell


First night out in Cape Town... the strongest strawberry dacquiri ever- so strong it was GROSS!


Siphokazi's grandmother in her kitchen


Neyo (front), Siphokazi, Lydia, me, and Siphokazi's friend who's name I unfortunately cannot spell or pronounce


Giraffe on Safari...


On my hike up Devil's Peak in Cape Town


View while hiking Devil's Peak


On the ferry ride to Robben Island, Table Mountain in the background and of course yours truly!


The pyramid that inspired the phrase "rainbow nation" on Robben Island... don't ask me which rock is Nelson Mandela's!


On Safari, Cape Buffalo in the background. (PS it's approx 7am... ouch!)


Townships in SA


Typical Township Scene


Threatening sign at our safari camp... watch out!


giving stickers to kids in khayelitsha on our first day.


Rhino on my safari through Kwazulu Natal, SA


Zebra on Safari


Carpe Diem! This is right next to wear we were docked in Cape Town.


Cape Buffalo crossing!


Craft Market on my township visit on the first day in Cape Town.


Beautiful TABLE MOUNTAIN... sunrise pulling into the Cape Town harbor


Outside the Bed and Breakfast in Khayelitsha township


First night, on the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town


the Black iMfolozi River in Kwazulu Natal


Sunset on our first night on safari during our night drive... beautiful!

2 comments:

Linda and Doc said...

I just love these pictures and finally seeing you! Wonderful sunrises and sunsets! Thanks for sharing. Mom

Dado said...

Only one word . . . . . . AWESOME . . . . . truly awesome!
Okay, three words.

I know you're having the time of your life and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home.

Love you! Dad